Paid search has cemented itself as a highly viable, cost effective marketing channel. In 2011, paid search spending is expected to reach $34 billion. Worldwide, paid search is a $34 billion industry. In this graphic, we’ll briefly explore paid search—it’s current state, where it’s going, and how the largest paid search venders (Google & Bing) have divvied up the market.
Data courtesy of efrontier.com and magnaglobal.com.
Click on the image below to view an larger version of this infographic:
Facts and Stats to Tweet:
- Worldwide, paid search is a $34 billion industry. »tweet«
- By 2016, paid search is expected to grow by 75% to become a $61.1 billion industry. »tweet«
- Since 2006, the amount spent on paid search has increased by 250%. »tweet«
- Google Adwords has a declining return on investment (ROI), down 12% as of 1/2011. »tweet«
- Bing & Yahoo Advertising has an increasing return on investment (ROI), up 10% as of 1/2011. »tweet«
- Paid search is currently bigger than radio, outdoor and cinema advertising. »tweet«
- The average cost per click is up 11% (year over year) for Google, and 4% for Bing. »tweet«
See How My Agency Can Drive Massive Amounts of Traffic to Your Website
- SEO - unlock massive amounts of SEO traffic. See real results.
- Content Marketing - our team creates epic content that will get shared, get links, and attract traffic.
- Paid Media - effective paid strategies with clear ROI.