From the day that babies are brought home and cradled in their pink or blue blankets, implications have been made about gender and color. While there are no concrete rules about what colors are exclusively feminine or masculine, there have been studies conducted over the past seven decades that draw some generalizations. Let’s take a look at what they say about color and gender.
Click on the graphic below for an enlarged view:
Conclusion to Color Preferences by Gender
- Blue is the most popular color for both men and women.
- The most unpopular color for men is brown.
- The most unpopular color for women is orange.
- This data should only be used as an initial starting point if it is going to be used to drive a design. Testing and collecting your own data is the only surefire way to know what colors work best for your audience.
About The Author: Sean Work is the former marketing coordinator at KISSmetrics.
See How My Agency Can Drive More Traffic to Your Website
- SEO - unlock more SEO traffic. See real results.
- Content Marketing - our team creates epic content that will get shared, get links, and attract traffic.
- Paid Media - effective paid strategies with clear ROI.