Hundreds of thousands of websites across the globe have participated in Google’s ongoing study of web browsing behavior. So far, the results of the study have been very insightful. For example, global bounce rates and average time-on-site metrics are decreasing. In the operating systems wars, the Macintosh market share is steadily growing, while the Windows market share is dropping. Dig into the data presented below to discover global web usage trends.
Click on the image below to view an enlarged version of this infographic:
Facts and Stats to Tweet:
- Worldwide pages/visits have decreased from 4.9 to 4.5. »tweet«
- Worldwide bounce rates have decreased from 48.2% to 47.0%. »tweet«
- Worldwide average time on site has decreased from 5:49 to 4:50. »tweet«
- Websites based in China have the highest bounce rates in the world at 58%. »tweet«
- Websites based in Aruba and Saint Lucia have the lowest bounce rates in the world at 30%. »tweet«
- Worldwide direct traffic to websites has increased from 36.5% to 36.8% (when compared to all forms of web traffic). »tweet«
- Worldwide search engine traffic to websites has increased from 27% to 28% (when compared to all forms of web traffic). »tweet«
See How My Agency Can Drive Massive Amounts of Traffic to Your Website
- SEO - unlock massive amounts of SEO traffic. See real results.
- Content Marketing - our team creates epic content that will get shared, get links, and attract traffic.
- Paid Media - effective paid strategies with clear ROI.