Are you ready to get the most out of Google Analytics? If so, we’ve collected the ultimate guide to Google Analytics resources you can use, including the top official Google Analytics channels, Google Analytics integrations, tools for Google Analytics, and articles about Google Analytics.
Official Google Analytics Channels
Stay up to date with the latest Google Analytics news, and get support when you need it via these official Google Analytics channels:
- Google Analytics Blog – The official Google Analytics blog for news and features updates.
- Google Analytics Help Center – The official Analytics Help Center where you can find tips and tutorials on using Google Analytics and answers to frequently asked questions.
- Google Analytics Developers – The Google Analytics developer platform provides access to the resources used to collect, configure, and report on user interactions with your online content.
- Google Analytics Product Forums – Use this group to ask and answer questions, search for existing answers to questions, discuss this product, and meet other Google Analytics users.
- Google Analytics Academy – Improve your Google Analytics skills with free online courses from Google.
- Google Analytics Training & Certification – Educational resources for users of Google Analytics and those who want to become Google Analytics certified professionals.
- Google Analytics Partners – Whether you need the help of an implementation or analysis expert, or you are looking for a turnkey solution for your business, Google Analytics technology and certified partners are ready with a solution.
- Google Analytics Solutions Gallery – This solutions gallery contains in-product solutions (such as dashboards, custom reports, and segments) to deepen your use of Google Analytics and accelerate your learning curve. Whether you’re a newbie or guru, they will help you learn more about your data through the power of Google Analytics.
- Google Analytics URL Builder – The URL builder helps you add parameters to URLs you use in Custom Campaigns. Then, when users click on one of the custom links, the unique parameters are sent to your Google Analytics account, so you can identify the URLs that are most effective in attracting users to your content.
- Google Analytics on YouTube – The official channel for all videos about and related to Google Analytics. Learn more about Google’s web analytics and online advertising products.
- Google Analytics on Google+ – Follow Google Analytics on Google+ for the latest news, tips, and trends from the Google Analytics team and friends.
- Google Analytics Academy on Google+ – The Google Analytics Academy provides a foundation for marketers and analysts seeking to understand the core principles of digital analytics and improve business performance through better digital measurement.
- Google Analytics on Facebook – Community page for Google Analytics. Please keep discussions on-topic. For customer service inquiries, please contact Google directly.
- Google Analytics on Twitter – News, tips & trends from Google Analytics.
Google Analytics Integrations
Do you know that many of the tools you use likely integrate with Google Analytics to help you collect insights about the people who interact with your business? Be sure you try the following search to find out how you can get more out of your products:
your product “google analytics” integration
This search will generally take you to the add-ons and instructions to help you configure your product to work with Google Analytics. Examples of some popular tools that integrate with Google Analytics include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Authority Labs
- Campaign Monitor
- Constant Contact
- JW Player
- Raven Tools
- Visual Website Optimizer
Tools for Google Analytics
The following are tools that can help you get more out of Google Analytics and use it in different ways:
- Mobile Apps – Get your Google Analytics data on your iOS and Android devices.
- Quill Engage – Are you struggling to understand what’s driving your site performance? Let Quill Engage do an analysis and deliver the most important and interesting insights from Google Analytics right to your inbox.
- Cyfe – In Google Analytics, you can create dashboards within each of your website profiles. In Cyfe, you can create one dashboard with Google Analytics widgets from all your websites.
- Segment – With Segment as your customer data hub, you can focus on building incredible products and attracting more customers. Send your data to Segment once, and we’ll take care of managing and mapping your data to the apps you need, so you can get back to business. Segment integrates with 130+ data providers for advertising, analytics, marketing, sales, support, developer, and user testing platforms.
Helpful Articles on Google Analytics
Are you looking for helpful articles that cover Google Analytics? Here’s a collection of some of the more helpful and popular articles covering a wide range of topics, most of which have been shared directly by Google:
- The Absolute Beginner’s Guide to Google Analytics – Looking to skip the short articles and go straight to the massive guide? If so, this is your article!
- How to Run an A/B Test in Google Analytics – Did you know Google Analytics has an A/B testing feature built-in? That’s right – free a/b testing is now available to anyone with a Google Analytics account! See this article to learn how to run a test in Analytics.
- How to Track Conversions in Google Analytics – Tracking conversions is a necessity for marketers, and you can do it within your Google Analytics account. Here’s how.
- How to Increase Your Conversions Using Google Analytics Conversions Reports – This article will show you how to dive into Google Analytics Conversions reports so you can optimize your site for more conversions.
- How to Run a Cohort Analysis in Google Analytics – One of the more recent features Google has released is the cohort analysis. Here’s what it is, and how to use it.
- How to Use the Lifetime Value Feature in Google Analytics – When a marketer knows the lifetime value (LTV) of an average customer, they’ll know how much they can spend to acquire that customer. Here’s how to find out the LTV in a new(er) Google Analytics report.
- The Ultimate Guide to Removing Google Analytics Referral Spam – Getting a lot of spammy referral traffic? Here’s how to get rid of it.
- How to Protect Your Google Analytics From Getting Hacked – Believe it or not, your Google Analytics can get hacked. (And we’re not talking about hacking your account). Here’s how to protect yourself against it.
- 8 Simple Yet Effective SEO Hacks Inside Google Analytics – Google Analytics is still one of the best SEO measurement tools out there. You can get tons of actionable data from the platform at your fingertips in just a matter of minutes. Here’s how.
- How to Diagnose Traffic Drops in Google Analytics – Has your traffic recently dipped? Here’s how to diagnose what’s causing it.
- 5 Actionable Google Analytics Reports to Improve Your Marketing Today – Looking for Google Analytics to provide your some direction on your marketing? These reports will provide some input!
- How to Find Hidden Social Media Referral Traffic With Google Analytics – In this article you’ll discover how to create custom URLs to find what is called dark social media traffic.
- 2 Google Analytics Segments & 1 Report To Help You Better Understand Your Visitors – Segmentation is one of the most underutilized features in Google Analytics. Here’s two segments you can create to help you better understand your audience.
- Beginner’s Guide to Google Analytics Attribution Modeling – This article talks only about understanding and using attribution modeling in the context of Google analytics.
- Google Analytics For Ecommerce: A Beginners Guide – This post looks at how to set up Google Analytics for your store, the basic reports you should be checking and a few other goodies to help supercharge your knowledge and drive sales.
- 10 Essential Google Analytics Dashboards for Ecommerce – Every marketer should make use of dashboards they have on Google Analytics. Here’s 10 for those e-commerce marketers.
- Google Analytics Hacks for Subscription Businesses – Working in SaaS or subscription type businesses? Here’s how to get the most out of Google Analytics.
- The 5 Most Meaningful Google Analytics Reports for Social Media Marketers – Are you a social media marketer? (Who isn’t these days). Then these reports will help you better understand the impact your social media has on your marketing.
- 5 Google Analytics Power Tips for Small (& Smart) Businesses – Small businesses owners can get a lot out of Google Analytics. Here’s 5 different things they do with it.
- 11 Google Analytics Metrics Bloggers Should Track – Are you a blogger? If so, you’ll need analytics by your side. Here’s how 11 metrics you can start with.
- Setting up Cross device tracking via User Id in Google Analytics – Learn everything about cross device tracking and measurement in Google Analytics through User Id.
- 8 Lessons I’ve Learned About Using Google Analytics at Scale – Do you run a bigger website that has more traffic? So did the author of this article, and he has some lessons he learned.
- 21 Actionable Google Analytics Tips That’ll Boost Your Sales – Looking for purely a “list” type of post that’s full of “tips”? Then this is the post you’re looking for.
- 4 Business Questions Google Analytics Can Answer About Your Website Visitors – Often times marketers need to answer to their bosses who may not understand much about analytics. Here’s the four business questions Google Analytics can answer.
- How to do ROI Analysis in Google Analytics – Tracking ROI is the key for every marketer. Here’s how you can do it.
- Is Your Responsive Design Working? Google Analytics Will Tell You – People are visiting your site on a variety of devices. And you’ll want to make sure it renders properly on every device. Here’s how to find out.
- 8 Data Lies Google Analytics is Telling You (And How to Fix Each One) – Metrics, when viewed in isolation and without context, can often be misleading. Here’s how to spot those in Google Analytics and what to do about it.
- How To Use UTM Parameters In Google Analytics – UTMs are the cornerstones of effective tracking inside of Google Analytics. Here’s how to set those up and track them.
- How to Get Actionable Data from Google Analytics in 10 Minutes – Don’t want to take a bunch of time out of your day hunting for useful data? Here’s how to get that actionable data you need in under 10 minutes.
- How to Navigate Google Analytics Like a Pro – Looking for something that goes beyond the basics? Then this is the article for you.
- Advanced Content Analysis in Google Analytics – Paying attention to which of your content efforts are working well is the cornerstone to data-driven marketing. This post will show you how to do just that.
- How to Automate Google Analytics Reporting with Google Sheets – Pulling reports and data from Google Analytics every day, week, or month can get frustrating. Why not automate it? This post will show you how.
- 7 essential Google Analytics reports every marketer must know – Looking for a mobile performance report, content efficiency report, or a keyword analysis report? This post has that and much more.
- 18 useful Google Analytics custom reports, segments and dashboards for SEO – Are you looking to gain some SEO insight in Google Analytics? This post has 18 different segments, reports, and dashboards you can use.
- Google Analytics Certification and How to Pass the GAIQ Test – Want to become so advanced in Google Analytics that you can earn a certificate? Not a bad thing to put on your resume. Here’s how to prepare for the test to earn your Individual Qualification, and how to take it.
- Google Analytics 360 Suite: What You Need to Know – The 360 Suite was released a few years ago. This post will provide some background on it, and who needs it. (If you’re in a small business, you don’t need to use 360 since it’s very expensive).
- 8 Google Analytics Reports to Boost Your SEO Performance – Want some more specific reports you can use? Here are eight, along with a new approach you can take to Google Analytics.
- 5 Simple Google Analytics Reports You Should Create for Every Client – Running an agency and looking to give your clients some useful reports? Here are five that will give extra insight into their online businesses and will take you mere seconds to set up.
We’re lucky to have Google Analytics available to all of us, for free. If you work on the web, you need to make Google Analytics one of the key tools in your toolkit. It’s indispensable for know what’s happening on your website.
We hope you enjoy the Google Analytics resources we gathered together for you.
What are your favorite Google Analytics articles or integrations?
See How My Agency Can Drive Massive Amounts of Traffic to Your Website
- SEO - unlock massive amounts of SEO traffic. See real results.
- Content Marketing - our team creates epic content that will get shared, get links, and attract traffic.
- Paid Media - effective paid strategies with clear ROI.